Monday, April 23, 2012

New commission and Acworth Artfest update

The Acworth Artfest was a great time! The weather was nice for spring in Georgia. The temps were warm but not hideous and there was a pleasant breeze. Luckily I was on the shady side of the street since I heard that the folks on the other side and upper level were roasting in the afternoons.
Sales for me were very nice and I sold several pieces for children's rooms which makes me smile all sorts of warm inside. One couple bought the goat king and the painting of Bailey. Another bought the odd shaped yellow and blue horse piece.
The highlight of the weekend was a couple who commissioned me to paint a pair of large birch tree paintings for their great room. I've already started and can't wait to see this beautiful stripe running the length of their 15' wall.
I met a sweet gal, Katie Bush, who writes a blog, www.thedailytelecraft.com. I took a look at it and it's really nicely done. Go over there and check it out. I could certainly learn a thing or 10 from her for sure!!
Time to get back to work painting. Tah for now:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment