Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Some more process

Writing from the hotel at the conference. I am becoming quite the pillow snob! So far I think the Hampton Inn has the most comfortable pillows. The Hilton's are a little too mushy for my taste. Although, perched here in the middle of the bed with 5 or 6 of them stuffed up behind me while I type, I'm not complaining! Except...

It's hot as hell out there. Clearly this artist did not pack appropriately! But I'm thinking surely I can find a place to spend a few $ on something cooler. Like a giant moo moo with a built in air conditioner?

Aaanyywaaay...

I promised some more thoughts on process so here's a few more pix. Nothing earth shattering and since starting these latest pieces I'm already experimenting further. I can't WAIT to get home and start working again!


painting the wood panels in geometric patterns. these are adapted from border designs used on pysanky.
i also did a few pieces with florals just for kicks. don't you think all of these patterned boards would make fun collage paper? hint hint hint...stay tuned for news:~)
ripped the panels on the saw, sanded the edges & corners with a palm sander. 

also made a slew of houses and barns out of scraps of wood and roofing tin. 
then it was just a matter of experimenting with composition.

in this one i recessed the house

i like the layering of smaller land pieces to add depth!

rather than cut out the flower i left a smoother skyline.

here with the skyline cut out around the flowers. 
All in all I've got enough pieces with me to put together 35 new paintings. Let me know what you think. Like I said, I'm already onto a new version of this. Several of these pieces are now in Galerie Matilda in Roswell, GA and Village in Auburn, AL. And I'm unveiling the interactive pieces here in NJ on friday. I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

Meanwhile, I'm off to find cooler tshirts.                and better deoderant

color me HOT
staci

No comments:

Post a Comment