Monday, July 1, 2013

a little insight to the process, part 1

Where exactly does my day go? It's exactly 4:33 in the afternoon and I am finally sitting down to accomplish a little work. So far today I've been to Lowe's, the dentist, the post office to send new work to Galerie Matilda and The Villager, killed a few minutes at Bed Bath and Beyond on my way to the dentist, checked on the old house. By the way, if I had a dollar for every time I go to the big box hardware store and combine that with a dollar for every minute I spend on hold with Comcast, I could hire someone else to take care of all of the things that require me to go to Lowe's!

(my blog is behaving weird right now. Gremlins.)

Ok. Enough chit chat. Let's talk about how these new pieces get born.

I start with thin wood and draw designs with red paint. Usually the sky pieces have flowers and animals while the field pieces are done with designs adapted from pysanky egg borders. Grammi Rosie would be proud:~) Miss you!

I paint the large boards using as many colors as I can squeeze out of the paint shades on my pallet. 

Using a jigsaw I cut out the shapes and sand the edges. Watch those fingers Stac! 
Next time I'll write about the rest of putting it all together. For now, it's my son's birthday and I've got to make a cake.

Color me cream cheese frosting:~)




No comments:

Post a Comment