Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Floral Teacup Bouquets

The first workshop I taught at Create Irvine was a new offering, floral teacup bouquets." This project was one I'd designed a few years ago for a tiny little show at a local Augusta hangout. The pieces are made on 9x9 museum wrapped canvases from Blick. Originally I used old wall paper in the backgrounds of my pieces and then collaged fabric and papers to create the bouquets.
here's the piece I used for an example during class.

For this class I made an 11th hour change to the process and gave everyone a half sheet of Arches 140# cold press rag paper and let them create their own wall paper to collage onto the backgrounds. I really liked the results everyone achieved thru stamping and painting and I think it was a good exercise to loosen everybody up so early in the conference.
a student laying down the background

A big Thank You to the folks who donated the cool stamps as part of our gift bags. (Once I find mine iI'l post the manufacturer:-) 

Once everyone created their papers I had them donate half to the class kitty and several people took advantage of combining different designs.
another student work in progress. she later added mica chips to the silver basket!

My only regret is that the Pens I ordered for the class were garbage. Half of them simply wouldn't write and the ones that did wouldn't work on damp surfaces. Back to find that pentel oh so fabulous writer I used ages ago. If you've got suggestions, Please!! Let me know. A white pen would be great also. 
some of the gals from class. Job well done, Ladies!!


Color me floral
Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment