Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Folk Art Houses

It's muggy as hell out here on the porch where I'm typing to escape the smell of the primer the painter is using inside the house. yes. I've done the unthinkable. I've hired someone else to finish painting the last 2 bedrooms and bathrooms because I've run out of steam.

Meanwhile, I've long been a HUGE fan of Beverly Buchanan. I like her use of "scrap" wood, foam core, and sticks to create her shacks and her crazy use of color on the newer pieces.
from beverlybuchanan.com
For the past several weeks I'm toying with the idea of interpreting my house and barn paintings into 3d structures, but I'm resisting because I don't want to look like I've copied her ideas. I'm thinking of taking the wooden "fabrics" I've created and cutting those up to reassemble into small sculptures. 

dunno

color me befuddled
staci

No comments:

Post a Comment