Monday, October 14, 2013

day 62~my dog ate my homework and other excuses

she sheepishly peeks from behind the curtain to see what kind of mood holds the crowd. well, not a crowd per se, but at least a small gathering. seems everything is ok and no one is the worse for wear at her absence. guilt is a terrible thing.

i've been a little under the mental weather as it were. i like getting my posts written early so that they hit your inbox before 8am and in order to be able to do that i either need to write at 6 when we get up or write in the evening and schedule my posts. i've done neither lately. i'm in a mood about trying to sell my house. i've come up with several plans to make it work for me, but my enthusiasm for all of them wanes as quickly as the ideas come. spiritually i know that i need to remain positive in order to attract what i seek in my life but there are days...

but enough about me. you tuned in here to see what's been going on and to stay motivated on your path. last we spoke i was working on the ursa minor assemblage. i love the way it turned out.
I'm happy with the result. I probably could still add some color to the bear/night sky without losing all of the detail. But for now, I'm just leaving everything along. Although, they say it's going to be another beautiful day here and i love working outside on the deck outside of my studio in this weather so maybe i'll get motivated to put the finishing touches on all of these new pieces. 

I used my birch bark technique on the outside of the box and i just LOVE the way the colors turned out on that. if you look closely you can see the incorporation of the constellation of the little dipper on his body. clever, aren't i? well, maybe on occasion. 

i went a little crazy with the glitter and glitz on the inside of the box. i'm considering tiny lights stuffed in there somehow. the natural alpaca wool was the perfect nest for the camper and the tree. maybe some little lights tucked up underneath all of that. i've got to do a little research to see what's available. and that's it. that's what's been going on around here. that and a painting i completed for the trinity school in atlanta's art gala. i'll write about that later this week. 

got to go send the hubby off to work. it's monday gang. give thanks for 10 things today. hugs!
staci

No comments:

Post a Comment