Friday, October 18, 2013

Day ??-stinky stuff

I've lost track of the count:-) and I'm posting from my phone so I imagine the post will look all wonky. 


It feels so good to be back hard at work in the studio. It's not like I've left, but I've been working on so many other projects that I put aside my woodland animals on their glamping trip.

BTW, I fixed the problem with posts and comments on the blog. Please feel free to chime in here. What are you working on? Someone emailed me about a fabulous rug they remembered from their childhood that she is using as her inspiration. LOVE that! What's your inspiration right now? Hone it! Own it! Exploit it in your art making and see what comes out the other side! 

It's ironic that I'm sitting here working on a book of instructions for making my ideas when I'm all about making art with your own personal meaning. Maybe the book will serve more as a 'how to' for techniques and will inspire people to use that for their spring board. And if you want to make these projects just as I have, well I'm cool with that too!!

So  yesterday I worked on my little skunk girl and her humble abode. Here are a few progress pix. I'm going to felt that knit piece in the bottom of the cottage. I'm diggin' the vintage look of the wall paper I collaged into the walls. Not nearly finished painting all of that. Don't you love the beads going down her back for stripes? OMG! And her tail is divine!!

One other thing, please share my blog and comment. I'm going to do a give away at the end of the month so let everyone know. I'll be picking from my followers here and on Facebook.
I'm thinking it will be a small painting. Tell your friends! Tell your neighbors! Tell Washington! 

Gotta go and pack. We are off to visit the inlaws. And I'm having lunch with my BFF, the inspiration for the little skunk girl. She's a handful that one!

Tah!
staci

No comments:

Post a Comment