Tuesday, August 13, 2013

dancing along the red road~day 1


The last several months I've watched my artistic process from outside of myself. It seems I tend to work in a theme, allowing it to morph and transform over time. There've been animals, portraits, trees, and now houses and barns. I love looking back over the work and seeing what's transpired and it's exciting to think where it might go next. 

And then I got to thinking...

What if I chronicle the journey in a thoughtful manner, out here in the public eye? And what if I invite my creative counterparts to join me on my journey and hopefully inspire someone to expand upon their own ideas and processes? After all, I spent 10 years in the art classroom and some habits die-hard! One of the greatest joys of my life is witnessing the creative lightbulb go on above a student's head and I'd love more than anything to hear what's going on with my readers if you choose to travel along this red road with me. 

I will be posting my own thoughts and images as well as how I got there. I will also include questions and assignments for the reader. If you are traveling with me, let me know and I will put a link to you on my sidebar. And please provide a link to this journey on your own pages. Let's see how many travelers we can pick up along the way!

Tomorrow I will post the first of my journal entries and the first of your assignments. Who knows where we'll end up...a year is a long time in the life of an idea!

Care to dance?
hugs
staci

No comments:

Post a Comment