Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 6- traveling to teach

I'm going to keep this short because I'm on my phone. I'm not a big fan of blogging from my phone because I can't tweak things like I can on my computer. I'm control freakish like that. But I'm at the airport and this book I brought isn't holding my ADD interest so I thought, "hey!" ( Si voice) "maybe I'll just throw a quick picture up to keep things moving along."

These are photos I admit to finding online ages ago and I refer to them often when I'm thinking about my roots. I love the women in these photos. Enjoy. 
I suppose in the spirit of the Internet I will have to try and research where I found these photos and post a link to their origin. But I left my laptop at home and so that will have to wait. I'm pretty sure it was a blog about Slavic textiles. Except that first photo. No idea there. 

As for how these ladies inspire me. Hard to say. I just feel connected in a universal way and when I'm working they are there in the back of my mind. Maybe not these gals specifically but their likeness embodies that which I hold in my brain. All churned up with loads of other crap. (Can I say "crap"?) 

I know I promised the story of Zane and the quacking flowers but I really want to write that one from my laptop so I can include some sketches etc. 

So for now you're stuck with my random musings about inspiration. So? You? Do you have an ethnic heritage that inspires you? I think this is so important when finding one's own artistic identity. You may not use it literally in your work. But you need to recognize it and embrace it. Even if its just a little tiny nightlight in the recesses of your imagination. 

Buvaite zdorovi!

Ok Daniel Silva. Entertain me!
-staci

No comments:

Post a Comment