Thursday, August 29, 2013

day 16~the itinerary!

Exclamation point? I used that like I have any idea what the itinerary is for this trip. In actuality, it's time for us to plan and come up with a road map.

The last couple of months while I was traveling, I started making some notes in my sketchbook. Here's a list of the ideas that keep waking me up at night. Ideas are like that. They sit there in the corner of your room like a pair of sexy shoes you never wear.....Taunting you..."Take me out...
Take me out!!

Phew. Wipes hand across forehead. sorry.

Here's my sexy shoe list:

  • work less flat, incorporate more relief and 3d sculpture
  • return to irregular shaped "canvas"
  • revisit my textile design background
  • work more narratively
  • paint new 'intuitive' pieces a la portraits from a few years ago
"along the paved roads" 30x40 c.2009-2010

guidebook: metaphorically speaking, where would you like to go with your artwork?

"home"work: brainstorm ideas. Make a list of anything and everything you'd like to try artistically. Don't be dissuaded by what you think you are capable of doing. Just dream big. Now...which ones make you the most excited? What is the idea that says to you "I have to make this RIGHT now!?" Which idea makes your sexy shoes look like sensible flats by comparison?

I'm getting excited to try on my new sexy shoes. Maybe I should go get a pedicure:~)
Staci



No comments:

Post a Comment