Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Create Chicago 2013~spirit guide sculptures

We spent the entire 3 day weekend working on getting ready for our house warming next saturday. I haven't even started cleaning inside yet. The good news is that the wicker is all repainted. The bad news is that the paint sprayer back fired and I wasn't wearing safety goggles. High gloss exterior grade paint, color "granite", directly into the eyeballs. After rinsing with the hose directly into the eyes and another round in the bathroom sink, I finally got out all of the paint. Did anyone see the episode on The Office where they are making the safety video and Andy has to use the eye washer? Yep. It was like that. Left eye still irritated. But hey! The furniture looks great!

(Note to self: you are not invincible, as young as you once were, nor a stellar house keeper. I really need to lower my expectations.)

So. Here's a few favorite pieces from Chicago's sculpture class. I didn't know what to expect since it was my first time teaching at this particular location. I have to say that I had a wonderful time. And I got to connect with several people with whom I've developed friendships over the past couple of years. My life is blessed and I am thank-full.

don't you just love the legs and feet on this guy?

here he is from the other side. cutey

this mouse isn't quite finished. love his butterfly covering.

i adore the colors on this bear. he'd look great with my new painted wicker:~)

this gal made a small earth to attach to her bear's back. and she discovered we could write on our sculptures with gel pens. j'adore

don't you love all of the striping on this giraffe by my bud Terri Commander?
That's all for today. I will post the rest of the pix throughout the week. Next week I'll start showing you work from the red road. Hope your idea list is keeping you busy in a good way. Mine is stressing me out right now.

~staci


No comments:

Post a Comment