Wednesday, September 4, 2013

More Chicago 2013

Waldo is going to bootcamp. He is a 90# giant obnoxious teenager of a dog. I love him but he is getting a little (a LOT) unruly for this artist to handle. I know it's our fault. We just haven't spent enough time training him and now it's time to pay the Piper. Unfortunately they don't have room for him until October. If I disappear for a few days it's because he's buried me in the back yard. Doggy Don't!

Meanwhile, I'm working on the red road and things are really coming together. But I'm trying to remain focused and keep this post about the students from Chicago last month. I actually remembered to take photos of the finished and almost finished pieces this trip. I know, right? And I don't even drink regular coffee.

And since you asked for it...Creative Spirit Photodump!!

this artist used a sewing marking wheel to make the white dotted lines on her painting. the resolution on my photo doesn't show it too well but it was VERY effective. totally stealing this idea in the future!

a whole lot of whimsy in this sea inspired painting. 

i love the way this artist left the underpainting and concentrated on using collage.

look closely at the repetitive floral element in the dress and background. nice

really awesome piece by fellow instructor Sherrie Drummond. just WOW.

do you not just love the expression on this guy? this comes from allowing the painting to speak and following what's there.

Well. That's it for today. Time to get building in the studio. I'm loving the way these new class samples are coming together. Did I say new class samples? Yep. Writing a few new projects. Stay tuned...

staci

No comments:

Post a Comment