Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 34: Glamping along the red road


the cornerstone of the story I'm constructing 
I don't know about you but I love camping. Especially this time of year. Saturday the hubby and I took our kayak down the Savannah and at least 15 times one of us would say, "This would make a great camping trip." The weather was perfect in the mid 80's, there was a glorious breeze (except when it was in our faces slowing us down:~), the people on the river were friendly, and on and on and on. Needless to say we had a great time. Took us 3.5 hours to travel about 8 miles. Not bad for a couple of old farts in flat bottom kayak. We made it home safe and sound, a little bruised and battered from getting hung up on the rocks at one point. Ate a couple of burgers from Gary's in North Augusta, then fell asleep for the rest of the afternoon.
my view all day saturday. life is grand!
In the studio I'm hard at work on my ongoing projects. I'm not sure how these fit into my list of goals but to be honest I haven't been this excited about the work in quite some time so maybe my list needs tweaking. I'm sharing the camper photo to get everyone else as excited as I am. I've already written it up as a class and it's the cornerstone of the book proposal I'm wrapping up this week. Stay tuned. I think lots of fun things are right around the corner.

And we figured out who keeps pooping on the back porch. A giant toad! I had no idea a toad could produce something that impressive. We shall name him Raoul. I suppose I will have to buy him a little toad house. Country living, Baby!


Happy Monday Folks. 
staci

No comments:

Post a Comment