Thursday, September 12, 2013

day 30 on the red road...still dancing

Have I mentioned the spiders from hell that populate out little slice of paradise out here in Aiken? I guess it's that time of year. Now I know why spider webs are a part of Halloween decor. Ugh! I've been sharing my spider stories on FB. Judging from the comments it's comforting to know I'm not the only one with spider-phobia. I'm ok with them unless the webs touch me. Then it's like crazy lady dancing looking like she's having a seizure.

It's been suggested by an artist friend that the spiders work their way into my artwork. I might almost be ok with this idea. I love that spiders are Nature's weavers. And since I started this creative life as a weaver and fabric designer I like that idea. And maybe it'd be a way of facing my fears. But I wouldn't want them to lend a creepy look to the art. Need to consider their elegance.

For now I'm just considering it. We'll tuck that idea into the well and see what it spits out down the road somewhere. You just never know with me!

So how are things coming along with you guys? Are you working thru some of the ideas on your list? Here's a relief portrait I worked this week. I'm writing it up as a new class for 2014. We'll see what the powers that be think about it. Let me know what you think. I love to hear from people. Post comments and let's start the dialogue.
mother nature. plaster gauze and cardboard with mixed media and found objects. 

detail. my son found the hatched egg in our woods and i turned it into a miniature pysanky

detail. I can't get enough of these gel pens

Add caption

Add caption

I'm off to the studio now. Time to finish some other samples for new class offerings. Life is never dull around here. No spiders today. Yet.
~staci

No comments:

Post a Comment